INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending on your use of the Site, we collect different kinds of information (collectively, the “Information”) from or about you.
BRUCE FRANCOIS gathers personally identifiable data when voluntarily submitted by a user, which may include: name, addresses, zip codes, phone number, e-mail addresses, birth date, etc. (“Personal Information”). This information is used solely by BRUCE FRANCOIS or other parties to the transaction for the purpose of executing the transaction, to improve your experience with us, and for the internal business purposes of BRUCE FRANCOIS.
MEMBER SOCIAL PROFILE INFORMATION
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Site, including, but not limited to, when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as story data, videos, responses to polls, assessments and surveys, photo data, the location of a photo, or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
We may also collect additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via polls or surveys), including, but not limited to, religious preferences, social and philanthropic interests, ethnicity, gender, personality type, strength theme, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
INTERACTION INFORMATION - THINGS OTHERS DO AND THE INFORMATION THEY PROVIDE
We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Site, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, share your comments, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
NETWORK AND CONNECTION INFORMATION
We collect information about the people, accounts and groups you are connected to, follow and how you interact with them on our Site, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you participate in. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from a device.
LEARNING PROFILE INFORMATION
We collect information about the courses you are enrolled in on our Site as a student or the courses and course material you create, upload, sync or import as a teacher/instructor.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
If you use our Site for purchases or financial transactions (such as placing an order or making a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
If you use our Site for creating digital ads, we collect information about your advertiser profile (advertiser name, address), advertising ad data, advertising campaign data (including targeting and retargeting data).
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Site, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
INFORMATION FROM "COOKIE" TECHNOLOGY
Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Information and to enhance your experience using the Site. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
We also receive the IP (Internet Protocol) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your internet service provider (ISP). We may use this information to analyze overall trends to help us improve our services, but we do not generally link this information to personally identifiable information in any way.
INFORMATION FROM WEBSITES AND APPS THAT USE OUR SERVICES
We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Site. This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Site on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING COMPANIES
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM BRUCE FRANCOIS COMPANIES
We receive information about you from companies that are owned or operated by BRUCE FRANCOIS, in accordance with their terms and policies.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION
We are the sole owners of the information collected. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will not share your information with any third-party outside of our organization other than affiliates, contractors, advisors, service providers or in our reasonable discretion to comply with: applicable laws and regulations, to investigate or prevent fraud, illegal activity or misuse of our website, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. For example, we use Shopify (Service Provider) to power our online store—you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics (Service Provider) to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use the Information to provide our services; to process orders; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Site and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
Periodically, BRUCE FRANCOIS will send electronic communications in newsletter format or another format to our constituents, which include members and other business contacts. Typically, these communications include information regarding community investment reporting, funded program information and results, news and events, as well as other pertinent information we feel should be reported to our constituents. Recipients retain the option to opt-out of these communications at any point in time.
If you sign up to receive news and information from us via our website, you are electing to receive e-mail communication from us. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about our programs and other areas on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide additional preference information.
The information which BRUCE FRANCOIS automatically gathers, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its areas, is used only in the aggregate very much like television ratings that tell the networks how many people tuned in to a program. This collective data helps us determine how much our visitors use parts of the site, so that we can continuously improve our site. We also may provide aggregated statistical "ratings" information, never information about you personally, to our partners about how our visitors, collectively use our website.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below:
- BRUCE FRANCOIS will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your orders and provide support to you.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We will also use this information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- In order to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programs, we may share the Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We may use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We may also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our visitors, users, customers, and our products and services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of BRUCE FRANCOIS or others.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-US RESIDENTS
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more in your account settings.
If you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Products, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos, videos, comments and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. To delete your account at any time, please visit the account settings.
This website contains links to other websites. These websites that you may link to from our site, including our partners' websites, have their own privacy policies. BRUCE FRANCOIS is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or affiliate. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of websites or affiliate agencies before providing them with any of your personally identifiable data.
We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online for reasonable foreseeable risk. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that communication between you and us and us and you will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. THE BRUCE FRANCOIS INC. MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA COMMUNICATIONS, OR THAT THIRD PARTIES WILL NOT GAIN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER(S) OR ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS. YOU AGREE THAT THE BRUCE FRANCOIS INC. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH ACCESS.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this website, you acknowledge that when responding to an opportunity that is sponsored by BRUCE FRANCOIS or one of its community partners, your registration information will be shared with its community partner for the purposes of facilitating and coordinate the member placement and for the purpose of reporting member impact data back to the community.